What is SplitJoin?
Who would need SplitJoin?
SplitJoin is a WindowsTM utility for splitting and rejoining files. SplitJoin is tiny (30kb) so it can easily 'travel' with the file parts and be used to rejoin them. Even though SplitJoin is tiny, it still has loads of features: a CRC check is performed when rejoining files; the original file's date and time is preserved; file drag and drop is supported; shows splitting and joining progress; has help integrated within the program.
What are the main features of SplitJoin?
It can be difficult to transfer large files between computers when using floppy disks or email. Files that are larger than 1.4Mb won't fit on a standard floppy disk and many Internet Service Providers (ISPs) limit the size of email file attachments, often to as little as 1Mb.|
The solution to this problem is to break large files into smaller parts for transfer, then reassemble the parts into a copy of the original file once they have reached their destination.
- It is very small (30kb unzipped).
- Does not require installation.
- Does not make changes to the Windows Registry.
- Does not clutter Explorer's Context Menu.
- Checks that the joined file has not been corrupted.
- The original file's date and time is preserved.
- Allows file drag and drop.
- Gives feedback on splitting and joining progress.
- Has help integrated into the program file.
- Comes with full Delphi source code.
Author & Copyright:
25 January 2002|
© Copyright 2001-2002
Download Sites for Version 1.3.3
This program has been released as freeware.|
No guarantee of performance is given, and any damage to software which may result from using this program will be the responsibility of the user.
: fread() [function.fread
]: Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /cust-web/g/f/B3989211/sites/www.angusj.com/html/splitjoin/counter.php
on line 9